Thursday, May 3, 2012

First Day

My first day at Barnhart got shifted to Thursday. Today was consumed with setting up the new smartphone, a Droid. First smart phone ever, and I already cracked the belt clip on the Otter case (not a fan of smartphones at all). Also set up the laptop and my printer/scanner.
Went through documents with Chris and all the checklists. The plan is for me to drive the Yukon out to Oklahoma, leave Sunday morning, spend the night in Memphis or Little Rock, and get into Hobart, OK Monday afternoon. I plan to go to the site to meet the folks I will be working with. Tuesday and Wednesday will be me learning from Clinton Newbold and getting settled in the construction trailer. Thursday will be site orientation, and I will get my hardhat, protective gear so I will be OSHA certified to be out in the field on site. Had dinner at Chop House tonight with the family before Frances' wedding and looking forward to a long day tomorrow going through turbine manuals and learning about the ins and outs of turbine installations. Not looking forward to missing Beth alot, and I know Reese will be bummed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment