Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Winded out at 43mph, best lunch I have had in a while, and a long afternoon at the laundromat.

Got winded out today and they pulled us from the turbine pads at 11:00.  I had some paperwork and turned in two books today.  Headed to "Bedlam Sports Bar & Grill".  Has a cheeseburger, salad and onion rings.  First real lunch I have had in about 3 weeks.  I got back to the motel room and there was no water.  I sponged myself off and grabbed my dirty laundry.  I showed up at the Hobart laundromat and filled my clothes into two washers (circa 1972 washers and circe 1973 dryers).  There was a cowboy across from me doing his wash too.  We git along great.  Apparently there was a watermain break down the street and the whole town was down to 8% waterflow, GREAT.  Washer #10 crapped out, had to use #11 twice. 


I went and drove around town, picked up a few things at Dollar General and drove around Hunter Park.   I may start stopping by out there, very peaceful and I can feed the ducks and do some fishing. 
Went and put my wash in the dryer.  Dryer #5 is my new friend.  You have not lived until you have folded your own clothers in an open air 96 degree laundromat in the middle of Oklahoma.
 Realized that my Yukon needs a wash, baaaad.  Way too may bug lives lost...
Out back of the laundromat.  Wonder what year this truck last saw some real higheay miles.
I had the IT lady, Debbie (who is a hero) install webcam software and Skype on my laptop, I finally get to see Beth tonight (hopefully).

2 comments:

  1. Your day sounds like Murphy's law. The park sounds nice. And hope that skype worked for you and Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the Skype work? I hoe you take a good abook to the Laundromat.

    ReplyDelete