Friday, May 25, 2012

The wind kicks up for the weekend, working in the hub and a ruined suprise.

So there are storms coming in for the next few days.  The crews stacked the last couple bases to get one of the heavy duty cranes off rental.  Two crews worked until 1:30am last night to get done. 


We cleaned out the hubs after each of the blades were attached last night.  Boone and I cleaned two hubs while Rick and Dan cleaned the other hubs. 

These blades are about 130' long.  About to crank out some serious green energy.  Yes it looks kind like a spaceship.  Gets kinda cramped with two guys inside.  Below is a picture of the Quality Assurance "workspace".

The ruined suprise:  We were given off work until Tuesday.  So, I had a GREAT idea to fly home to Knoxville, have my buddy John pick me up at the airport.  On the way, I was going to call Beth and tell her that John was going to drop off a "suprise" Saturday night, so be home to answer the door.  I would be standing there to surprise her... great plan.  Poor execution.  Beth had previously planned a trip to see one of her best friends, Hannah that was back in Birmingham from California.  I had to call Beth (since I had already bought the ticket).  Me and my lousy memory.  However, I am stoked to be coming home to see my beautiful wife and awesome dog.  Hope to see some folks when I am back, but it will be a small window of time.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer about the surprise but Beth will be delighted I'm sure. Where is the picture of the workspace?

    ReplyDelete