Sunday, May 27, 2012

Trip back to Knoxville, great day with Beth.

Left Hobart, OK at 7:00am and hit the road to Oklahoma City to catch my first flight to Chicago.  Passed the wind farm in Weatherford, cool to see a wind farm fully operational.  Sorry for the bugs on the windshield, haven't washed the Yukon yet.

Stopped in Oklahoma City at McDonalds for a proper breakfast (first one in a while).  Sausage egg and cheese biscuit, fruit and a sweet tea.  Headed to the Oklahoma City airport and stood in line to check in with about 432 other people (apparently everyone flies United out of OKC.  Had an empty seat next to me on the way to Chicago.  Didn't last long, one last grumpy foreign college kid board the plan and plopped in the empty seat (lame).

Made it to Chicago safely, skipped the staple of a Chicago-style pizza for lunch and opted to wait until Charlotte for something to eat for lunch.  Boarded the plane and once again an empty seat next to me (score).  However, the lady in the aisle seat huffed and puffed and was quite annoying the whole time.  Some people have no manners on planes.  The empty seat did allow some stretching out, which was nice.

Took a photo as we were ascending away from Chicago O'Hare (yes, my phone was on illegally).

Made it to Charlotte safely and had time for some dinner at Tequileria (Grant Whitfield's favorite restaurant inside an airport, jealous much?). 

Made it to the gate and watched as folks piled into the gate area to board for Knoxville.  One last leg until I get to see Beth.  Looking forward to being back in Tennessee even for just a little while.  Beth met me at the airport, big hug and a kiss, short ride home until I got to see Reese.  Reese was stoked for me to be back.

Woke up Sunday morning and stopped by Best Bagels to pick up the usual.  Unfortunately, Pat was not there to say hi to, she may not have recognized me with a beard.  Had lunch at Tomato Head with Beth right after feeding the ducks at Calhouns on the River, then stopped by to see my grandmother, Mimi.  Heading out to have dinner at Mike and Kim's tonight, looking forward to seeing them.  Planning on walking int he morning with John Lacey before packing up to head back to Oklahoma.



1 comment:

  1. Yes! I am now known to the masses for my love of Tequileria.

    ReplyDelete