Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Dinner with buddies and a wasted evening (dadgummit).

Ate dinner with Rick and Paul 2 at China King Buffet.  Very good meal.  Plenty of protein for the day, plus getting to know other guys on my crew is good.  Rick tried to sell me and Paul 2 on renting a room in the bottom of a church, shifted to an event venue with rented rooms and a shared living room, kithcen and bathrooms.  I will think about it...  Rick tried to sell us hard (maybe he's getting a referral fee).   Right now, I have a huge load of laundry to do.  Thin one white undershirt, boxers and socks from an average of 11 hour days, six days a week, plus a few other clothes from after work.  Ends up being alot.  There is a sign for "LAUNDRY" with an arrow, but apprently, it is not for motel customers.  The owner of the motel, Kelly, likes me alot.  He may give me the OK, but I will have to check with him first (his wife speaks broken English).  Kelly was gone and could nto be reached on cell phone, so...   So, I drove to the laundomat in Hobart to do my load of laundry... closed for repairs (it's 7:24pm). 

I sprinted to Cordell to make use of Riteway Laundry.  Hit 119,000 miles on te Yukon on the way. 

Made it to the parking lot of Riteway Laundry by 7:43pm... closed (says they close at 8:00pm). 

I am ticked, end of story.  Wasted evening, what am I supposed to do?  If this is the worst thing that happens to me after haing 300 ft above the ground, suspended several times during the day, I guess I cannot complain.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Harrison...Lovin' reading your reports. Thanks for the tons of pix.
    How is the guy who got hammered by the falling flag ?
    And did you hand wash your clothes in the motel bidet ?
    How come so much bare dirt to make mud when it rains ? Couldn't be from traffic I would think.

    Eating at Chinese restaurant can be healthy if you make wise choices. When we were building the guesthouse & I was staying at the Holiday Inn Express I went to Mr. Wok every day and got no fried stuff, no rice and double the veggies. It wasn't a buffet but they dished my stuff up special for me and didn't charge me extra. I lost a bunch of weight during those days.

    It can be pretty salty (not good for you) tho but theirs wasn't.

    Saw a Dateline news show tonight on meth use in USA. Next show is on cell tower worker safety issues. It is on NBC and is pretty good on investigative reporting so watch next week if you can and see if there are any parallels to your job and equipment and see if you can be sure your job is done as safely as possible.

    LOVE YOU, Lundy

    ReplyDelete