Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pulled over for speeding, mexican dinner in Hobart, and beard update

Mechanically completed E10 today.  It was just me an Paul 1 until the Generator Alignment crew got winded out and came out to help.  Boone and Chad climbed 2/3 of the tower to the 2nd flange (connection point. 

As soon as they climbed off the ladder, I got a call from Garry at Signal Energy that several base sections that had been erected had water in their basements.  Ended up sending Boone and Chad back down to go out and pump the basements.  Everybody gets a bonus climb now and then.  The winds tomorrow are supposed to be 35+ mph, so everybody will probably get winded out, so we will have help on the MC crew.  We really need the wind to chill out this week, the Generator Alignment guys are falling behind (their wind cutoff is 18+ mph, so they get winded out alot).  FYI, got pulled over on the way back to the motel after work yesterday.  Doing 71 in a 65.  Sherriff (actual sheriff) gave me a warning and I thanked him for the grace.  Time to go 65 on the way back and forth from now on.  Like I'm really in a hurry to get anywhere.

Met Rusty Wolfe who will be my co Quality Assurance Manager for the next few weeks.  Nice guy, I'm sure we'll get along.  If not, Clint will probably come back and whup Rusty into shape.  Good ol Clint.

Here is my work truck (my is a relative term).  Dodge 2500 Heavy Duty.  Paul 2 will probably take the truck when he does walk downs.

Dinner was at Nuevo Taco.  Great dinner.  I am in the habit of ordering random dishes that I do not know what they are.  The same really good ingredients, cooked differently.  Today was fried flour tortilla with spicy shredded chicken with cheese cut up into bit-sized pieces surrounding spicy sirloin beef tips on top of lettuce and tomato salad with sour chream and guacamole on the side.  Phenominal.  These are the same folks that show up to the job site EVERY morning and make about a billion breakfast burritos for the entire crew.  These folks are heros between the hours of 6:00am and 7:34am (when everyone kinda hits the worksites). 


Good sunset the other night on the way to Altus, OK to pick up replacement printer ink (thanks, Clint).
And a beard picture for my sister.  I am in a predicament though.  My beard is the same length that my hair usually is (have not cut hair in 2.5 weeks).  If my beard is longer than my hair in 3.23 days, wont that look wierd?  I may just trim it all and have HUGE chops.  It's past the itchy phase, but a huge bushy beard transitioned into very short buzzed hair might look wierd.  The new erection QA guy, Tim, has shaved head and huge beard (and tatoos on his head), so I may just wing it and just stand next to him so I don't look as wierd.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pic. I'm liking the beard! I vote for you to go whole hog and buzz the hair, but put some Miracle Gro on the beard...at least til your week back here in the arms of your lovely wife.

    By the way, anytime I end up in Oklahoma, I plan on stopping at the most random Mexican restaurant I can find and then calling you and getting you to order for me over the phone.

    - Francoise

    ReplyDelete