Friday, May 11, 2012

Rainy Turbine Work

Today started out with ouring rain as soon as I walked out the door from Hiway Inn & Motel on Hwy 9 in Hobart.  Everything in thios turbine erection business slows down by 40% with extensive mud.  You have no idea...  Put plastic booties on my steel toed boots, but booties come off after 60 feet of mud walking and defeat the objective.  My crew had two tasks to do before we hit the main objective, mechanically completing E2.  We hit the site at 9:15, but were called off for high winds of 32+ MPH winds at 3:00pm.  I hit the Sonic on the way home, hamburgers are good for you after bunring a billion calories crubbing walls, installing 80 lb. chain baskets, pinging a billion bolts, etc.  Looking forward to building huge muscles.  Climbing 300-450 ft of ladder with 58 lbs of gear is close to a fanatical workout.  Got an encouraging text from John Lacey this morning.  I was hanging out in the basement of turbine D8, Paul 1 and 2 were trying to lock out the blades on the turbine to do some cleaning so I was just hanging out since a 300 ft climb wasn't necessary since the job was only for two guys, and I am the least experience of the three.  We left our trailer will all the supplies at E2, so we 4x4ed through INCREDIBLE amounts of mud.  Company trucks are Dodge 2500 4x4s and Chevy 2500 4x4s....  not Fords (for obvious reasons).  We did not get stuck even once.

I miss the CLC guys.  My alarm went off at 5:05am and I nowhere to go except a shower and get dressed for work, did get to do a little reading before I left.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so incredibly proud of you baby! Reese and I love and miss you very much!

    ReplyDelete