Monday, May 21, 2012

Phone won't save photos, lightning, a bonus climb and Clint stole my ink.

So, today, we had storms in the morning, 341 lighting strikes within 20 miles, so we were on "saftery standown" until about 9:00am.  Then at 1:30pm, we had lighting within 30 miles so had to climb back down out of the tower.  Ran to the gas station at Rocky and got a piece of pizza and a Gatorade (good pizza).  This is what is referred to as a "bonus climb", meaning we get to climb the tower twice to accomplish what we need to.   Bonus climbs are bad and kill all motivation.  My phone refuses to save pictures, so I have no photos for this post, sorry.  Clint stole my freaking ink out of my computer before he left, so I had to drive to Altus after work to get ink from the Super Walmart.  Had dinner at Applebees on the way back.  I CANNOT believe there is still a restaurona that demands to have all the wait staff sing on people's birthday.  LAME.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Weather Guru,
    When you can get pics to post again, can we have an update on the beard?
    Just so you know- we (your family members) here in Tennessee are missing you A LOT. It's true- life is just much more boring without you around.
    Please be careful around all that lightning. Do you want me to make you a tinfoil hat to protect you from lightning and weirdo Oklahomans? It could be a birthday present.
    - Frances

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading about your adventure. I appreciate all the trouble of photos and everything. It is like armchair travel for me. Hugs, Lundy

    ReplyDelete