Tuesday, May 8, 2012

First Day or so...

I left Nashville after stopping to visit Jeff and Natasha Stoneking andtheir princess Caroline. First day on the job at Rocky Ridge Wind Farm was today. I drove 11+ hours yesterday, so I was wiped last night and still a little slow on the draw today. took a bunch of pictures with my phone (sorry about the resolution on some of them). I would make comments on all the pictures, but I am tired, need to put away groceries, run back to the Walmart to get the couple things I forgot (bread, thumbtacks to hang the TN flag, bottled water and a couple plastic cups and plates). My comments on the photos: left Memphis after staying with Aunt Lisa and Uncle Henry (Steve came by to visit), made it to Arkansas via I-55 over the river. Coming in to Oklahoma City was hectic, and frustration was added when your mind realizes that you still have 2.5 hours of driving after arriving at a destination as big as OKC. I was bleary-eyed as I got to Rocky, OK, and even more tired once I finally arrived at Hobart, OK. Staying at the Hi-Way Inn off Hwy 9. Finally got internet to work, bed is decent, Pizza Hut and Walmart is next door. The Walmart signs are from Walmart's sign program from 1986 (funny how I still care about signs). I am now the proud owner of a neon green high-visibility vest (for noobs), hard-hat, safety glasses and leather gloves in addition to a snazzy Exo-Fit harness and lcokingsafety clips. For all you rock climbers, my stuff is 6 times as classy and 4 times as capacity-fit than your PETZL or BlackDiamond wannabe-climber stuff. My steel-toe boots are decently comfortable, and with an OSHA audit coming up, I should be up to speed on safety regulations. I took two photos after leaving the site today of wind turbines up close. Adventure continues...
Stoneking abode.

Uncle Henry & Aunt Lisa's house 
Coming across the Arkansas/TN border
No helment law in Arkansas
Nuclear reactor in Arkansas
Young Life Racing....???
OKC
Welcome to Hobart
Motel room prior to grocery or any prparation whatsoever.

1 comment: