Thursday, May 31, 2012

Windy days, early morning tomorrow, and birthday wishes

Huge winds the past couple days.  The crane operator clocked winds of 57 mph yesterday, not sure if you have ever leaned into the wind while walking, but it is ridiculous.  Had lunch at Big A Burger yesterday.  Very good burger, salad and onion rings.  Just down the street is City Hall.


Got off work at 1:00pm today due to winds.  I plan to drive by the Hobart Municipal Golf Course on the way to pick up some lunch.  We'll see how it looks.  I plan to play golf on Sunday if possible.  Tonight I have to go to bed early because we start at 4:30am tomorrow (trying to beat the wind so we can make some progress).  Drove through Mangrum, OK, Granite, OK and went through Lone Wolf, OK as well on the way to Altus to pick up some items at Super Walmart.
Heading out now to get some lunch.  My birthday is tomorrow, mom already sent a cake, the motel manager and baker just delivered it.  I had just gotten out of the shower, and they came at an inopportune time.  Good thing I put the door lock on, otherwise they would have known me better than they probably wanted to.  Thanks mom! 

Also got a card from Mimi with a basset hound on the front wishing me a happy birthday.  Dad sent the best presents, so far though... Masters hat and jacket.  Dad is a hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment