Thursday, May 17, 2012

Clean laundry, average mexican dinner

Decent day of work today.  Paperwork was accurate today, filled out two books and closed out paperwork on 6 books, so I hit the turbine by 9:00am.  We MCed E6 while Generator Alignment crew, Boone and Justin did their alignment.  High winds in excess of 34MPH hit around 1:30pm, so the Gen Alignment crew got winded out, so they joined us on MCing E7.  Also got a radio transmission reminding us to pick up all trash on each turbine pad before leaving, transmission involved foul language that I cannot repeat, therefore, obviously, all trash will be picked up before leaving each site.  I headed to Altus, OK to oick up my laundry, passed some crazy equipment driving through Blair, OK on the way.
I picked up my load of laundry fro Suds-UR-Duds, washed, dried, folded and packed in mu duffelbag ($5.75).  Sweet. 

Next I hit Walgreens and got a GE Webcam so I can start Skypeing with Beth.  I got called out for being an out-of-stater by the Walgreens cashier because I did not pronounce Hobart, (HO'BERT).  Apparently for two weeks I have been pronouncing it worng, oh well.  She directed me to The Plaza for some good Mexican food.  Disappointed, El Charro in Knoxville is way better.  Decent meal, but should have gone somewhere else. 
I passed Mater (from the Pixar movie Cars) on the way back to HobErt. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the newsy news! I love it. Are you going to answer my quesstions?

    ReplyDelete