Sunday, June 3, 2012

Working on Sunday, first Oklahoma golf experience

Well, we worked today, until 1:00pm MCing turbine F9.  Didn't get quite finished.  The basement got flooded last week, so the basement needed to be wirebrushed in addition to everything else.  Hard work.  Good news is, we are right behind the lectricians now, so we will be doing just one turbine a day for the next week or so.  Also, I am ironing out the details on my R&R week off, so hoepfully I will be back home in the next week or two.  I look forward to seeing as many of you as I can (especially looking forward to spending some time with Beth, my amazing wife).  The Hobart Municipal Golf Course was great.  9 hole course with one par 5.  The fairways were rougher than I am used to, but the greens were in great shape.  The greens reminded me of Patriot Hills.  Not quite Cherokee Country Club of Rarity Bay, but better than Deadhorse Lake and Royal Oaks.  Shot a 48... not great.  You get a TON of roll since the ground is so hard.  I played with Paul 1, he beat me by two strokes, I'll chalk it up to not playing for 5 weeks straight.  Too tired to write descriptions for the photos (sorry for the thumb) so here they are.




This sign did not have an adequate foundation (maybe FSG out of Texas installed it... inside AGI joke).  Apparently, golf hole signs do not have a wind-load requirement.


1 comment:

  1. Mr. Fox was too busy working on his short game to worry about that sign. Let us know if you want to hit up some lunch on your week back in town.

    ReplyDelete