Saturday, June 9, 2012

Fired a guy and enjoyed some good views

First thing this morning, one of our QA guys did not show up to work.  I had called him twice last night to tell him to come in to work at 7:00am.  7:00am came and went.  We had to go calibrate his tools and get them out to his main erection crews.  On Tuesday, my supervisor, Rusty, had to go to the same guy's room and literally pull him out of bed for work by the leg.  I had dinner with this guy after work one day and he looks down on me for my lack of wind turbine experience, too bad that does not matter.  Needless to say, this guy was fired.  I had to go through his truck to get back all Barnhart equipment.  I had a talk with him, then Rusty had a talk with him and fired him.  I have never been more angry than I was today in the past 6-7 years.  Our QA department looked like a joke this morning and everybody knew it.  I may be a rookie with in the wind industry, but I am NOT late to work, and I do whast I am asked to do at all times.  I am not happy to have a hand in this, but some situations need to be handled.  I have a new experience to tuck under my belt.  Anyway, I headed down to Altus after a car wash and gas up to make a tee time for tomorrow at Quartz Mountain Golf Course for me and Paul Randall.  Took some photos, this area is beautiful.

This phot os post car-wash.  Have not washed the Yukon in 6 weeks... it was bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment