Friday, April 20, 2012

First posting: April 20, 2012


Starting a job with Barnhart Crane & Rigging, in their wind division, Barnhart Renewables out of the Knoxville, TN office. I got the offer letter this week, started filling out paperwork and the start date is Tuesday, May 1st. A couple days of in-office training in Quality Assurance, then the tentative plan is to fly out to Oklahoma and be on site for a total of eight weeks at Rocky Ridge Wind Farm, an installation of 93 wind turbines near Hobart, OK. The adventure begins in just a few short days. I will be back in Knoxville for a week in the middle, but I know I will definitely miss my beautiful and awesome wife, Beth, my dog Reese, friends and family, as well as CLC, all the folks at AGI and everything that I love about east Tennessee. My goal is to post every day or so, to keep folks updated. God has a great opportunity for me and I am looking forward to the challenges and the adventure.

2 comments:

  1. For better or worse, your mom just emailed this link to a bunch of people. So now I'm wondering what happens after the 8 weeks in OK? Will you work out of Knoxville after that? Or will yall have to move somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be working out of the Knoxville office after that. This is the training phase. Being out on site will be far better training than pouring through manuals and old finished projects for 3 months. Keep an eye on the blog, it should get pretty interesting in a few days.

      Delete